The blogs included on one of my blogroll pages are first and foremost, the blogs I personally try to keep up with. My pages are not meant to be an exhaustive list of all the good blogs out there, merely the ones I've discovered and liked enough to keep reading.
There are literally thousands of good blogs, and no one can possibly read them all, but these are the things I take into consideration when deciding to add a blog to one of my categories:
- Does this blog actively link to other bloggers?
- Does the blog feature recipes, food, or another topic that interests me?
- Has the blog been in existence for at least six months and are they posting regularly?
- Does the blog reflect the unique voice of that person, with reasonably good writing, punctuation, and grammar?
- Are the photos or other design elements attractive and is the site designed for easy navigation?
- If the blog has a link to Kalyn's Kitchen, it certainly gets my attention.
I don't do link exchanges with other blogs just because they ask for a link. (It's considered bad blogging ettiquette to ask for a link, in case you're a new blogger and don't realize it.) However, I love discovering new blogs. If your blog doesn't appear here and you think it might interest me, feel free to send me an e-mail at kalynskitchen (at) comcast (dot) net sending the url of your blog and asking me to take a look. If your blog seems interesting I'll probably follow it for a while in my feed reader, and might eventually add it to one of my lists.