Andrew is not having another meme, but I felt like making an omelet again, something I often do on Sunday morning. If you want more step-by-step instructions on making omelets, see my previous post from last Sunday. This week I just used some leftover asparagus I had hanging around in the fridge and a good sized chunk of goat cheese.
Sunday Morning Omelet with Asparagus and Goat Cheese
To make my omelet this is what I did:
- Cut up leftover (cooked) asparagus in small pieces and sauteed in a small bit of olive oil just to warm them in omelet pan. Removed asparagus.
- Whipped up 2 eggs with a bit of milk and some Spike Seasoning.
- Put a tsp. butter in pan and melted on high, added eggs and immediately lowered heat.
- Let eggs cook 2-3 minutes, then added asparagus.
- Took cheese out of refrigerator, sliced off a chunk (about 2 T) and crumbled over top of omelet. I also crumbled over about 2 T sharp cheddar. Salt/pepper to taste.
- Cover with glass lid and cook 3-4 minutes more on low, until cheese is looking melty.
- Take off lid and flip one side over the other. If some melted egg and cheese runs out cook a little more on each side.
Very, very delicious. I thought the combination of asparagus and goat cheese was really good. Later this week I will show you how I roasted the asparagus to get those leftovers.